(5) To install a replacement, reverse the procedure steps (1) thru (4)
5-4.16 Elapsed Time Indicator (M1), R e m o v a l / I n s t a l l a t i o n . To remove/install M1,
carry out the following steps:
Refer to para 5-4.1.
Remove bottom access cover.
b . Remove and retain the two screws, nuts, and washers securing M1 to the
Label and unsolder the wires connected to M1 terminals and remove M1 from
To install a replacement M1, reverse the procedure steps a. thru c. above.
5-5. REPAIR OF FILTER ASSEMBLY EMI (A7). A7 may be repaired by replacing faulty
Bench test the assembly as described in table 5-5.
or damaged components.
Replace faulty components as follows:
Install replacement connector (J22):
(1) Remove and retain the six screws, flat washers and lock washers
securing the assembly cover.
(2) Unsolder the three wires connecting FL1, FL2 and E1 to J22.
( 3 ) Remove nuts and washers securing FL1 and FL2. Retain the nuts and
washers for reassembly.
( 4 ) Remove FL1 and FL2 from the housing.
(5) Remove the jam nut securing J22 to the housing.
Use wires from damaged connector if possible.
( 6 ) On replacement connector solder a 4-inch long wire (16AWG, 600V, WHT,
T F E ) to each of the pins of the connector.
(7) Install replacement connector and secure using the jam nut.
(8) Reinstall FL1 and FL2 and secure using the nuts and washers.
Refer to table 5-6, a wire chart
(9) Solder the wires to FL1, FL2 and E1.
for the assembly.
( 1 0 ) Test the assembly using the procedure d e t a i l e d i n t a b l e 5 - 5 .
( 1 1 ) S e c u r e t h e c o v e r u s i n g t h e s c r e w s a n d w a s h e r s removed in step a.(1)