NAVELEX EE 181-AA-OMI-040/E121 R1860 M9443
AO-(Assembled by org/
Items with these codes are not to be requested/requisitioned
individually. The parts that make up the assembled item must be
AF-(Assembled by DS/
requisitioned or fabricated and assembled at the category of mainte-
nance indicated by the source code. If the 3d position code of the SMR
code authorizes you to replace the item, but the source code indicates
the item is assembled at a higher category, order the item from the
higher category of maintenance.
Do not requisition an "XA"-coded item. Order its next higher assembly. (Also, refer to the NOTE
If an "XB" item is not available from salvage, order it using the FSCM and part number given.
Installation drawing, diagram, instruction sheet, field service drawing, that is identified by manufac-
turer's part number.
Item is not stocked. Order an "XD"-coded item through normal supply channels using the FSCM and
part number given, if no NSN is available.
Cannibalization or controlled exchange, when authorized, may be used as a source of
supply for items with the above source codes, except for those source coded "XA" or
those aircraft support items restricted by requirements of AR 700-42.
(2) Maintenance Code. Maintenance codes tell you the category(s) of maintenance authorized to USE and REPAIR
support items. The maintenance codes are entered in the third and fourth positions of the SMR Code as follows:
(a) The maintenance code entered in the third position tells you the lowest maintenance category authorized to
remove, replace, and use an item. The maintenance code entered in the third position will indicate authorization to one of
the following categories of maintenance.
- Crew or operator maintenance done within organizational or
aviation unit maintenance.
- Organizational or aviation unit category can remove, replace,
and use the item.
- Direct support or aviation intermediate category can remove,
replace, and use the item.
- General support category can remove, replace, and use the item.
- Specialized repair activity can remove, replace, and use the item.
- Depot category can remove, replace, and use the item.
Change 1 C-3