design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When a stock numbered item is requisitioned, the repair part
received may have a different part number than the part being
e. Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCMJ. The FSCM is a 5-digit numeric code listed in SB 708-42 which is
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc.
f. Description. Indicates the Federal item name and, if required, a minimum description to identify the item.
g. Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard of the basic quantity of the listed item as used in performing the
actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical abbreviation (e.g., ea. in, pr,
etc). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy the required units of
measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure,
which is prepared for a functional group,subfunctional group, or an assembly.
4. Special Information
a. The following publications pertain to the R392/URR and its components:
TM 11-5820-334-10, Radio Receiver R-392/URR
TM 11-5820-334-20, Radio Receiver R-392/URR
b. The illustrations in this manual are identical to those published in TM 11-5820-344-34P. Only those parts assigned
the third position SMR maintenance code "C" or " " are listed in the tabular listing; therefore, there may be a break in
the item number sequence. Only illustrations containing organizational authorized items appear in this manual.
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is unknown.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within which the item belongs. This is necessary
since illustrations are prepared for functional groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock number or
part number. This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers inalphameric sequence, cross-referenced
to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts list.